VENUE: Tank 3 – Tanks Art Centre, 46 Collins Ave, Edge Hill QLD 4870 (see below for info on accommodation)
ENTRIES CLOSE: 11th of May 2019. No changes to weight classes can be made after this date.
The timetable will be finalised and confirmed shortly after close of entries, 11th of May. Lifters are advised to attend all 2 days of the competition.
- Australian Masters Championships, Powerlifting & Bench Press
QUALIFYING TOTALS: (as per PA Regulations)
- Masters – have lifted since 1/1/2018
- 3 months minimum membership as of 01/06/2019
- Raw Powerlifting Gradings
- Maximum two (2) Coaches per lifter
- List the name of your Coach(es) when signing up for the competition
- All Coaches must be current members of Powerlifting Australia
- PA dress code applies to Coaches (track-suit or sport shorts, PA polo shirt, Affiliated Club shirt/neutral T-shirt, sports shoes)
- Coloured wristbands will be issued to all lifters, nominated Coaches and Referees
- Only those with a wristband will be permitted in the warm up area
The Deep North Powerlifting Challenge, which is an open event, will be held simultaneously with the Championships. This event can be entered via the Powerlifting Australia Calendar – The Deep North Powerlifting Challenge.
Entries for the Deep North Powerlifting Challenge will also close 11th of May. However late entries may be accepted from Championships entrants who fail to make weight.
ACCOMMODATION, TRANSPORT & EVENT INFO:
The proposed venue for the event is less than 5km from the city. Please note that the venue may change a month out from the date of competition. It is therefore recommended that all visitors book accommodation within the CBD or Cairns North.
RSVP to the Facebook event here for more information about the competition, including:
- Cafe & Restaurant recommendations
- Lifting Schedule
- Special deals and offers
- Sightseeing and attractions
- Other important event info
SPECTATORS: FREE entry for spectators.
Trophies and medals will be presented at a function at the conclusion of lifting on the Sunday. Presentation venue and times will be released closer to the date via the Facebook event here. Medals may be collected earlier if need be. However, trophies and medals cannot be mailed out.
Please ensure the attendance of yourself or a representative at the presentation function.