VENUE: The Hellenic Club – Matilda Street, Woden ACT 2606
DATES: 26 – 28 April 2019
ENTRIES CLOSE: 5th of April 2019. No changes to weight classes can be made after this date.
The timetable will be finalized and confirmed at close of entries, 5th of April. Lifters are advised to attend all 3 days of the competition.
- Australian Youth Championships, Powerlifting & Bench Press
- Australian Junior Championships, Powerlifting & Bench Press
QUALIFYING TOTALS: (as per PA Regulations)
- Youth – D Grade achieved since 1/1/2018
- Junior – C Grade achieved since 1/1/2018
- 3 months minimum membership as of 26/04/2019
- Raw Powerlifting Gradings
- Maximum two (2) Coaches per lifter
- List the name of your Coach(es) when signing up for the competition
- All Coaches must be current members of Powerlifting Australia
- PA dress code applies to Coaches (track-suit or sport shorts, PA polo shirt/PA t-shirt, Affilliated Club shirt/neutral T-shirt, sports shoes)
- Security passes will be issued to all lifters, nominated Coaches and Referees
- Only those with passes will be permitted in the warm up area
- All Lifter, Coach and Referee passes will allow entry of the holder to audience for all sessions both days
The Canberra Open will be held simultaneously with the Championships. This event can be entered via the Powerlifting Australia Calendar –
Entries for the Canberra Open will also close 5th of April. However late entries may be accepted from Championships entrants who fail to make weight.
There are discounted rates available for both the Abode Woden Hotel and The Woden Hotel. Both Hotels are only minutes walk from the venue.
- 12% discount on Flexible rates (Can change and cancel up to 24 hours prior to arrival, very flexible).
- 3% discount on Stay 2 or Stay 3 special rates (Must stay 2 or 3 nights).
- 2% discount on Advanced Purchase special rate (Must pay at the time of booking, cannot change or cancel without 100% charge – this is the cheapest, but least flexible).
How to book:
- Go to www.abodehotels.com.au
- Select your date and hotel.
- Enter the code POWERLIFT in the promo code area.
- See your discount and book the preferred room.
SPECTATORS: Spectator tickets will be available at the door, $10 per day or $20 for the weekend.
Trophies and medals will be presented at a function at the conclusion of lifting on the Sunday. Medals may be collected earlier if need be. However, trophies and medals cannot be mailed out.
Please ensure the attendance of yourself or a representative at the presentation function.