MEET DIRECTOR: Robert Wilks
CONTACT NUMBER: 0418 366 416
EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
VENUE: Eleiko Victorian Weightlifting Stadium – 34 Linda Crescent, Hawthorn 3122
DATES: 3rd – 5th August 2017
ENTRIES CLOSE: 13th July 2018. No changes to weight classes can be made after this date.
The timetable will be finalized and confirmed at close of entries, 13th of July. Lifters are advised to attend all 3 days of the competition.
- Australian SubJunior Championships, Powerlifting & Bench Press
- Australian Junior Championships, Powerlifting & Bench Press
- Australian Masters (M1,2,3,4) Championships, Powerlifting & Bench Press
- Australian Open Bench Press Championships
QUALIFYING TOTALS: (as per PA Regulations)
- SubJunior – D Grade achieved since 1/1/2017
- Junior – C Grade achieved since 1/1/2017
- Masters – have lifted since 1/1/2017
- Open Bench Press – B Grade achieved since 1/1/2017
- 3 months minimum membership as of 04/08/2018 for SubJuniors, Juniors and Masters
- 6 months minimum membership for Open Bench Press as of 04/08/2018
- Raw Powerlifting Gradings
- Maximum two (2) Coaches per lifter
- List the name of your Coach(es) when signing up for the competition
- All Coaches must be current members of Powerlifting Australia
- PA dress code applies to Coaches (track-suit or sport shorts, PA polo shirt, sports shoes)
- Security passes will be issued to all lifters, nominated Coaches and Referees
- Only those with passes will be permitted in the warm up area
- All Lifter, Coach and Referee passes will allow entry of the holder to audience for all sessions both days
The Melbourne Open will be held simultaneously with the Championships. This event can be entered via the Powerlifting Australia Calendar –
Entries for the Melbourne Open will also close 14th July. However late entries may be accepted from Championships entrants who fail to make weight.
SPECTATORS: Spectator tickets will be available at the door, $10 per day or $20 for the weekend.
Trophies and medals will be presented at a function at the conclusion of lifting on the Sunday. Medals may be collected earlier if need be. However, trophies and medals cannot be mailed out.
Please ensure the attendance of yourself or a representative at the presentation function.