MEET DIRECTOR: Robert Wilks
CONTACT NUMBER: 0418 366 416
EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
VENUE: Arrow Hotel, 488 Swanston St, Carlton VIC 3053
DATES: 5th – 7th August 2016
ENTRIES CLOSE: 15th July. No changes to weight classes can be made after this date.
- Australian SubJunior Championships, Powerlifting & Bench Press
- Australian Junior Championships, Powerlifting & Bench Press
- Australian Masters (M1,2,3,4) Championships, Powerlifting & Bench Press
- Australian Open Bench Press Championships
- Australian Equipped Championships (all age groups), Powerlifting & Bench Press
QUALIFYING TOTALS: (as per PA Regulations)
- SubJunior – D Grade achieved since 1/1/2015
- Junior – C Grade achieved since 1/1/2015
- Masters – have lifted since 1/1/2015
- Open – B Grade achieved since 1/1/2015
- Equipped – as per above. Total must have been achieved in Equipped contest since 1/1/2015
(3+ months minimum membership as of 05/08/2016 for SubJuniors, Juniors an Master)
(6+ months minimum membership for Open as of 05/08/2016)
- Maximum two (2) Coaches per lifter
- List the name of your Coach(es) when signing up for the competition
- All coaches must be current members of Powerlifting Australia
- IPF and PA dress code applies to Coaches (track-suit or sport shorts + IPF approved t-shirt, sports shoes)
- Security passes will be issued to all lifters, nominated Coaches and Referees
- Only those with passes will be permitted in the warm up area
- All Lifter, Coach and Referee passes will allow entry of the holder to audience for all sessions both days
The Melbourne Open will be held simultaneously with the Championships. This event can be entered via the Powerlifting Australia Calendar.
Entries for the Melbourne Open will also close 15th July. However late entries will be accepted from Championships entrants who fail to make weight.
SPECTATORS: Spectator tickets will be available at the door, $10 per day or $20 for the weekend.
Due to the big number of competitors there will be no Presentation Banquet. Medal presentations will be held at the venue (times to be confirmed)
Please ensure the attendance of yourself or a representative as trophies and medals cannot be mailed out. Further banquet details to follow.