PLEASE make sure that at all times you have your uniform available, just in case you are called upon to Referee, even if you were not expecting to do so.
- Winter – Dark blue blazer with appropriate IPF badge on left breast, grey trousers with a white shirt and appropriate tie.
- Summer – White shirt and grey trousers. Ties optional.
- Winter – Dark blue blazer with appropriate IPF badge on the left breast. Grey skirt or trousers and a white blouse or skirt. The wearing of the appropriate tie is optional.
- Summer – Grey skirt or trousers and a white blouse or skirt.
- Shoes known as “trainers” are not appropriate. Black dress/day wear shoes should be worn.
- Technical Rule Book
- Platform cards (Red 1 – Blue 2 – Yellow 3) – red & white small cards (in case lights fail) or red & white flags/cards/paddles.
- Loading charts
- Pen (to sign score sheets after the division is finished – Records sheets)
List of official equipment (Displayed – stops arguments from lifters)
- Tape measure (preferably steel – cloth stretches)
- Blue tack – sticky tape – writing paper (lot numbers to be displayed)
- White out (mistakes on equipment/score sheets)
- White ANNOUNCER CARDS (to be filled out at weight-in)
- If need be attempt cards (3 x squat – 3 x bench press – 5 x dead lift)
- Your referee card to be signed off for verification of number of meets you adjudicated.
This is a personal listing, which will come in handy whenever you are called upon to referee at any meet. Just in case the Meet Director is not a referee and is unfamiliar with the proceedings and what is needed.