In consideration of the acceptance of my membership or participation in events with Powerlifting Australia Ltd.
- I waive all claims that I may have against Powerlifting Australia Ltd, its officers, directors, members, volunteers, employees, agents and sponsors, or its executors, administrators, heirs, successors or assigns (the organisers), and release them from all claims for death, injury or damage arising out of my participation in their club, their event and its related activities, together with any costs, including legal fees.
- I agree to indemnify and keep indemnified the organisers against damage arising out of my participation in the events and its related activities.
By acknowledging my agreement to this form I agree to be bound by and comply with the terms of the Constitution & Regulations of Powerlifting Australia Ltd, including but not limited to the Powerlifting Australia Anti-Doping Policy (as amended from time to time). I understand that failure to provide accurate information requested on this form may result in my membership application being rejected, or until such information is provided, prevented from setting National Records or competing in National and International competitions. I acknowledge that sanctions may apply if I do not notify Powerlifting Australia Ltd of any changes to my contact information as per A.3. below. As a PA member, I agree to comply with Sport Integrity Australia Act and Regulations which includes submitting to drug testing by Sport Integrity Australia or any other Powerlifting Australia Agency nominated by the Australian Sports Commission.
I acknowledge that the above information will be stored on paper and electronically in the Powerlifting Australia Ltd Membership Register and that any information may be provided to relevant branches, Sport Integrity Australia, Directors of Powerlifting Australia Ltd and other bodies or parties as necessary for participation and the maintenance of my membership to Powerlifting Australia Ltd. Information will not be disclosed to any other person or party without my written permission. I may gain access to my information by contacting the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). Information supplied to Powerlifting Australia Ltd is kept in a secure location.
A. Drug Testing and Whereabouts
- All members of Powerlifting Australia Ltd are subject to and bound by the Powerlifting Australia Ltd Anti-Doping Policy, which includes in and out of competition testing by Sport Integrity Australia.
- Some Powerlifting athletes will be in the Registered Testing Program (RTP) or Domestic Testing Program (DTP) run by Sport Integrity Australia. Sport Integrity Australiawill contact those lifters directly to advise them of the reporting process, which may include provision of whereabouts information.
- All PA Members must keep their contact details up to date with Powerlifting Australia Ltd. To update address, coach or training venue contact details send an e-mail to or mail to Powerlifting Australia Ltd, GPO Box 2322 Melbourne VIC 3001.
B. Taking Medications – Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE)
- If an athlete suffers a medical condition that a doctor can only treat with a prohibited substance, he or she must apply for a TUE by submitting a TUE Form to ASDMAC.
- If granted, a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) provides an athlete with permission to use, for therapeutic purposes, a substance or method that would otherwise be prohibited. Please note that it is the athlete’s responsibility to ensure that they comply with the Rules and Regulations relating to prohibited substances. If in any doubt athletes should check directly with Sport Integrity Australia and ASDMAC as to the requirements in their circumstances. The Sport Integrity Australia information line is 1300 027 232 or look at “ Check Your Substances” on the Sport Integrity Australia website
- The Prohibited List specifies substances and methods prohibited in and out-of-competition. It is revised annually by World Anti Doping Agency (WADA). The 2021 List becomes effective on 1 January 2020. It is available to view on the WADA website at http://www.wada-ama.org
By submitting this form I agree to be bound by and comply with the terms of the Constitution & Regulations of Powerlifting Australia Ltd, including but not limited to the Powerlifting Australia Anti-Doping Policy (as amended from time to time) as set out above.